Monday, October 15, 2012

Retail Therapy

Today we met with an Oklahoma City plastic surgeon to understand reconstruction options if a single or bilateral mastectomy was elected.   This is the second reconstruction surgeon we have interviewed; which is very helpful because it provides more education and helps me understand my options better.  It also validates what I already know and will hopefully help me come to a competent decision.
Next week we will be traveling to M.D. Anderson in Houston to meet with various doctors to confirm my diagnosis, surgery recommendations and explore other treatment options. 

On the home front, Romeo and Mikayla are happy I’m feeling back to normal and performing my regular weekend activities such as laundry, cooking and grocery shopping.  But, I do want to disclaim, my Cancer Honeymoon is not over as I required a little more Retail Therapy while Brittney was in town on Saturday.  Yes, we bought a few more Loft items that support Breast Cancer Research called “Live in Pink.”  

I don’t know about you, but I’m just feeling the need to support and find a cure ASAP!  So, if you have a Loft in your area, you might check out their Live in Pink Collection.  I purchased a cute t-shirt and pink sequin skirt.  And, I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to buy the exact same items and THEN we can be Twinkies (which is fine with me)!
We also stopped by Kirkland’s and purchased some insulated cups that support Breast Cancer Research.  Here is a picture of my cup (that's herbal tea by the way):    

Brittney’s cup says “Big or Small, Save them All.”
Speaking of Brittney..... she is an established “blogger” and is the person who has forced inspired me to blog about my journey.  You can check out her blog over at Brittney’s Orr-dinary Life.  I believe you will find her stories funny and interesting as she is navigating life as a single, young professional.  I might be biased since she is my daughter, but I think she is adorable.  My very favorite post  is about a staff meeting at her first corporate job.  It is absolutely hilarious (and so Brittney)!
I’m still working on the story of the MRI experience and will be posting it soon. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Monday!    

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping your spirits up! And you are an awesome blogger too!!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete