Sunday, October 7, 2012

I’m on a Cancer Honeymoon!

Cancer does suck… don’t get me wrong.  Obviously I am not thrilled about what is ahead of me but I will have to say I am beginning to see the silver lining.  So here are some of the positives that I am thankful (they are not in any particular order):
Romeo – He cooks dinner every night because I’m not hungry and can’t even think about cooking or going to the grocery store.  But don’t worry, he is force feeding me so I am getting plenty of nutrition.
No Gym-Guilt - I don’t feel guilty about not working out every day.  I know, I know, I need to keep going to stay strong, but I’ve enjoyed the break since my surgery.  But I did go this morning for a modified workout and did appreciate those wonderful endorphins after I finished!
Lots of Attention – Yes, I am one of those people who love it.  Seriously, I have been touched by so many family, friends, coworkers and even strangers expressing their sincere concern for me.  I am totally overwhelmed by all the well wishes and love.  Thank you!!!!
Retail Therapy – These are the words I say when my Romeo gives me “that” look.  Some people eat when they are stressed, but I like to shop!  My friend Karen (she is actually my boss but also one of my best friends) says retail therapy cures most problems.  Since Brittney has been visiting me more often in the last month, our shopping activities have increased.  We decided a couple weeks ago we should redecorate my house with new lamps and reframe some of my mother’s art.  While we’ve been out looking for bargains, we noticed Loft (my favorite shop in the whole world) happened to be having a sale.  Well… like I said, I am feeling much better.  My friend Karen, she is a total genius for the therapy suggestion.  
Laurie – She is my new neighbor who has been building a new home across the street for what seems forever!   She just happens to be a VIP with Mercy Oncology and has helped me get into see all the best doctors in the state!  She has been such a blessing to me and my Romeo.  I feel like I’ve known her for twenty years and love her like a sister.   There is no doubt in my mind; God strategically placed her in my life to help me through this journey.  Thank you, Laurie!
Kosmo - My Maltese suddenly loves me more now than he loves Romeo.  How do dogs know there is something wrong and try to make you feel better?  The dog spit is a bit stinky, but his intentions are so sweet.
Romeo – Have I mentioned him before?  Well, he is the best husband in the world.  I mean, he was good before, but WOW I never knew he could be so nurturing.  He has been to every doctor’s appointment, held me close when we heard bad news and has come home in a flash whenever I needed him. 
Brandon - My College aged son calls more often and attends church with me almost every Sunday.  Love you Bubby and thank you for being a good boy!
My Girls – Brittney and Mikayla have been so strong and brave throughout this experience.  They have been very supportive and encouraged me so much.  Mikayla is my little prayer warrior and Brittney is my sounding board and blogging consultant.  Thank you girls, Mommy loves you so much!
Designer Boobs – I guess if you have to have cancer and then reconstructed breasts you might as well set your standards high (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment