Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Sunshine just keeps coming!

Today has been FABuuuLOUS!  It began with “almost” being able to get out of bed by myself.  My Romeo just had to give me a little support to help me sit up and I could do the rest by myself.  I know, it’s the little things that make me feel independent and happy these days.  Then I managed to actually blow dry and style my hair; followed by a little makeup.  Of course, this activity totally wore me out so I needed a nap (which sort of negated the hair and makeup, but whatever). 
After a little rest, there was a knock on the door, and low and behold, it was the Edible Arrangement Dude delivering me a present!  Yahoooo!  Have you ever received one of these glorious fruit arrangements?  OH MY, the chocolate dipped bananas are to DIE for and I have decided I am NOT sharing with my family (is that selfish?)  I just want to send a HUGE thank you to my friends at Williams for sending me a another great surprise to brighten my day.
Thank you, Ted, Susie, Karen, Angela. Kristie and Dan!
But there was more “good stuff” as the day progressed.  So Romeo and I decide to go on a ride since it is a beautiful day and we needed a few groceries.  We are heading down the road when I open my phone to check Facebook (don’t judge me, it’s my only social outlet these days).  To my surprise, I find this picture posted on my timeline:
Love these girls!
These are my Tulsa work friends - Jessica, Patti and Carla.  They ran in the Williams Route 66 Run this morning and made this sign and dressed in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.  I was so totally overwhelmed by emotion at this point, that I couldn’t even explain to Romeo why I was crying.  He pulled over and all I could do was hand him my phone to show  him why I was so deeply touched by my friends.  Thank you girls for remembering and honoring me today!  I am very humbled by your expression of support and there are no words I can say that can explain how you touched my heart.  Next year, you can count on me running beside you proudly representing our Company in this wonderful event.
After I stop crying and Romeo has driven around long enough for all the puffiness to  disappear from my eyes, we go into the grocery store.   Wow – what I zoo!  But get this, Romeo had his list organized in the same order as the layout of the store (I mean, who does this?  If I make a list, I usually forget it or can't find it by the time I get to the store).  But Romeo knew I would get tired fast and therefore, was very prepared.  We were in/out in lickety-split!
When we get back home, I get a text from my sweet friend and beloved Tulsa hairdresser, Lisa.  She asks if it is okay if she comes over Sunday afternoon to do my hair since I was unable to make it to my appointment last week (you know, since I was busy in Houston kicking cancer’s butt).   Can you believe this?  Lisa is willing to drive 90+ miles to come to MY house to do my hair?  If I could have jumped for joy at this moment, I would have, but Romeo was outside mowing the yard and wasn’t there to help me out of the chair.  So yes, Yes, YES, I am available for a new hair-do tomorrow!  You have no idea how excited I am to see Lisa and will be forever indebted to her for giving up one of her few days off to pamper me.   
Tomorrow, I will write Part Two of My Cancer Free Boo-bee Day!  I was planning to post it today, but wanted to share all my "happy news" and acknowledge the support, love and encouragement of my friends.  I can honestly say, so many people have made this challenging time so tolerable (and almost enjoyable).  There hasn’t been a day go by since my diagnosis on 9/13/2012, that someone hasn’t gone out of their way to give me a little sunshine to pickup my spirits and give me hope.    

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I can just see Mom rocking you and hear her singing, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear~ how much I love you,please don't take my sunshine away." "I love you and am so proud of you Andy Pandy." xoxox-- KK

    ReplyDelete