Monday, November 12, 2012

Progress Report

Hello internet! This is Brittney again. I don’t have much to report.  I’ve talked to mom a lot over the past couple of days, she is doing really well.

It seems like she is halfway across the country. It’s been hard not being there with her and I know she is feeling pretty homesick. We thought she might be released yesterday (Sunday) but they decided to keep her an extra day. This afternoon she was released from the hospital, however, she has a post op appointment with the B.K. on Wednesday.  If everything goes according to plan, she should be home by Thursday.

Today she got her hair did! MD Anderson has a full service salon for all of their patients to use free of charge! How awesome is that? I know she was in dire need of some pampering. According to my mom, they washed, blow dried, and curled her hair.

Little fact about my mom: she never leaves the house without hair and makeup. Even to go to the gym! So you can imagine how antsy she was to get that hair under control.  I begged and pleaded for a picture but she wouldn’t give in. I think the hospital gown was a deal breaker.

Tonight she is cuddled up in her hotel room with Ron. She mentioned having French onion soup for dinner. Yum!

Let’s all say a little prayer for Ron tonight; he has sole custody over my mother’s needs. No more nurses to call if she needs to go to the *ahem* little girls room!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I will probably be around for a little while longer, until my mom has the strength to type!

Happy Monday!
-Brittney

3 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job keeping us up to date Brittney. I am certain your Mom is greatly appreciative.
    P.S. if you get your hands on that photo you MUST share.
    Connie M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie (no go on the photo! I've been begging for DAYS!)

      Delete
  2. We're praying for you Andrea in MI. We wish you Godspeed getting well. Make sure hubby (ROMEO?) feeds you some of that great TX BBQ & TexMex.

    Mike, Marcela, Alec & Megan B.

    ReplyDelete